EIT Food announced a call for innovative public engagement project ideas with the potential for societal impact, to be tested in a Proof of Concept (PoC) phase.
A Proof of Concept is a scoping exercise to test whether an idea, a certain concept or approach when turned into reality would bring societal impact as envisioned. Via this call, we offer an opportunity for individual organisations or small consortia to spend sufficient time on testing and demonstrating the relevance of the proposed approach for establishing the societal impact feasibility of the idea. The Proof of Concept phase can also be used to build a scale-up model for a multi-year project.
Topics selected for the Proofs of Concepts should support EIT Food’s vision: a world where everyone can access and enjoy sustainable, safe, and healthy food – with trust and fairness from farm to fork.
EIT Food is working towards these four Impact Goals:
- Improvement in conditions for enhanced public trust in the food system
- Better health outcomes from our diet
- Improved environmental impact of the Agrifood systems
- Enabling transitions to a circular and sustainable economy
The Proof of Concepts project ideas should have an aim to:
- Equip individuals to make more informed choices (healthier/more sustainable)
- Increase transparency & engagement in the food system
- Include consumer involvement in shaping a future food system